I worked as an R&D Team Manager and Staff Engineer at Tencent (2014-2018). Previously I was a Team Leader and Senior Software Engineer at Baidu (2012-2014), and a Software Engineer at Huawei (2011-2012). From these positions, I gained industry-level online product R&D experience in Data Mining, Applied Machine Learning, Large-Scale Distributed System, and Mobile Operating System Development. Additionally, I gained three years of engineering team management experience (10-20 SDEs).
Beginning in fall 2018, I switched my career track from industry to academia. Now I am a Ph.D. student and Research Assistant in Computer Science at the University of Southern California, Los Angeles, United States. I am generally interested in Deep Learning, Machine Learning, Large-Scale Distributed System, and Mobile Operating System.
- 12/1/2018 Joined Tencent AI Lab to work on Large-Scale Distributed Machine Learning
- 8/2/2018 Joined USC in August 2018
- 1/1/2018 [Tencent] I transferred from Tencent MIG to Tencent Cloud to lead a Data Mining team
- 04/15/2017 I accepted a Ph.D. offer from USC
- 04/15/2017 I received PhD offers from CMU, USC, Georgia Tech, UCSB, Rice, Stony Brooks, and TAMU.
- 6/1/2015 [Tencent] I was promoted to Team Manager(L1-2) to manage a software development team including 10+ engineers.